Cooking Sama Cooking Sama

And that's lunch...

I'm not sure what the hell it was that I just watched but I do know it was incredible. Kirby music, lesbians, carrot people, psychotic cats, and sexual squids are the last things I'd expect to see on an instructional cooking video but maybe that's why I loved it so much.

There She Is!! final step There She Is!! final step

Beautiful Dear

Some may interpret this as being an animation that reinforces corny plotlines and the like. Or maybe that stories like this never really happen in real life to begin with.

I think there aren't enough artists making positive-impact work like this. I think the superior quality of the animation adds the the emotional impact of a bunny and a cat hookin' up in an anime environment. I think the music choice, although a bit on the nerdy side, completely sells the entire concept as well as the piece.

I think it's beautiful.

Avatar - Hot Na'vi Sex Avatar - Hot Na'vi Sex

Blue-on-Blue Action

Avatar was a huge crock of shit especially after hearing everyone rave about it. So when I see this posting on Newgrounds advertising "Hot Na'vi Sex" I naturally clicked on it since I'm a huge Sci-Fi beater. Star Wars, Star Trek, and pretty much anything other than humans gettin' down and doin' the nasty is the coolest shit ever to me.

This was the funniest piece of ass I've seen on Avatar so far. Truly excellent work on this one so much so that I doubt anyone else will even come close to this. I loved it.

:the Composer: :the Composer:

Flashy Masterpiece

Most of the serious animated shorts on Newgrounds either have to go for the completely obscure angle or the wholely brilliant approach to win me over. In all honesty, when I saw the title and the synopsis of this short I was not ready to take it seriously at all. There's just way too many people out there that try to make music a plump god that can wash away the tears.

That being said, this was a work of inspired genius. The storyline was simple but it was also extremely well done. The music choice was also excellent as it wasn't overly technical but it also wasn't boringly "elegant" either. It was just the right dosage that kept this piece moving along. I was expecting some kind of cheesy ending like his father being the last warm body watching him at the bar or something along those lines. The actual ending to this sealed the deal and after it was all over, I was very impressed.

Squeak Squeak

Too Good for Newgrounds

Everything about this animation screams creative professional. It wasn't too long or too short, the story was great, the capture was flawless, and the quality was through the roof. Excellent work on this one but I'm sure the artist responsible already knows that.

Stamp on the Ground Stamp on the Ground

Jumpin' All Around

All the characters included in this animation escaped me mostly due to the fact that I don't really play half the games that were sampled here. That did not stop me from thoroughly enjoying this, however, as it managed to tell a story which is very hard to do with a music video to begin with. The artwork and structure were relatively simple but the real gold was in the movements and of course the arrangement of the righteous little dancers.

It was fun, creative, cute, and toe-tappingly entertaining. I have never been into DDR but this made me want to go out and buy one. If it's half as fun as it seems in this animation, it's probably worth paying the 50 or so bucks to get it!

Keep 'em coming!

Prelude to the One Prelude to the One

Stick It

Not bad, not bad.

The action sequences and fight choreography was really good. The balanced chaos and odd movements made this an interesting blend of cartoons and gunfighters. The only really bad thing I think I can point out is the music selection and the lack of sound effects in general. I don't know if that choice was deliberate, but all in all, a more subtle action track would've been better.

With the obvious talent here in this video by the animator, I'd say try to make something more elaborate than just another stick fight video. You've got skill and an eye for it too. Make something different and I garuntee you'll get the goods.

Cat Vader Cat Vader

Pin it up on the fridge!

This whole short took a while to get moving but when it finally got there, it was most impressive. The first minute or so probably could've been cut out entirely but overall I'd say it was charming. I felt like I was watching something my kid whipped up for art class or something. I had to resist the urge to pin this up on the fridge!

The voice acting wasn't bad at all and I was very impressed with the later bits. Some really good stuff here and of course as always, it was extremely cute.

Last Meower Last Meower

'Till Nine Do We Part

Excellent work on this and a really damn fine sense of cinematic creativity here. This was one of the best music videos I've seen on Newgrounds and I've seen a lot of them. The choice to not show exactly what the cat was pining for at first was a smart and funny move. The pace was perfect as well on the entire short and I can't think of anything wrong with this at all.

Damn good job.

Jackie Jackie

The Black Cat

Very nice and well rounded project here. The animation was smooth, the music choice fit well, the character design was top notch, and the story line was extremely clever as well. The virtually silent approach has been taken before but usually the visual images aren't entertaining enough to keep us on our toes. This animated short doesn't go anywhere you expect it to from start to finish.

Great stuff!